Thursday, April 28, 2011

Announcing London Lynn Thorn

Born on St. Patrick's Day (Thursday, March 17, 2011) at 6:55 am. Our little good luck charm!


Our story starts on Tuesday 3.15.2011, Jesse and I were sitting watching TV that evening and he turns and asks me, "Should I keep carpooling into work or should I start driving in just in case you go into labor?" I thought for a split second, "Na! You are fine to keep carpooling. I think it will be a few more days." HA!!! Famous last words!
I get to work the next day and we had a final meeting to make sure we had everything covered for when I left. Then missy C and I went and moved her desk over to mine, then went and ate lunch. I was feeling great! We get upstairs at about 1 pm, started working and I go to the copy machine to scan an order to the factory and........... my water breaks!!!! My heart started bounding and I thought to myself "did I just pee my pants? How embarrassing! No.... wait! I think my water broke!"
So I waddle to the bathroom and I passed C and told her that I think my water had just broken, and the first thing out of her mouth was, "I haven't read that chapter yet!" My cute friend was going to read "what to do when you go into labor at work" so that she could help me if this happened. Well indeed my water did break! I called Jesse on our way out to the car.
"Honey, um..... you won't believe this BUT my water just broke!"
"Are you sure you didn't just pee your pants?"
"Yeah!"
"Um... okay. (Insert him panicking and frantically shutting down his computer and gathering his stuff). Let me see if I can catch a ride to my car. See ya in a bit. Love ya!"
"Okay! Hurry! I love you too!"
Missy C drove me to IMC and we were both laughing that this is all happening like this! I was so excited and nervous! I check into the hospital, get changed into the loverly hospital gown and the nurse start getting me hooked up to all the machines. With in the next ten minutes my mom was there and then a few minutes after that my dad made it. All the sudden Jesse showed up at 2 pm! If you remember right I called him at 1 pm and it takes about a little more than an hour for him to get to our place in Draper! Once he got to his car he FLEW up to the hospital!! Thats my babe!!
Well, when I got to the hospital I was dialating at all. So they put me on potocin to help, but I think it may have slowed things down. My contractions started and actually got close together. By 3 pm my contractions were 1:30 to 2 minutes apart, so with the history of my moms side of delivering their babies super fast I was thinking that would happen. So I decided to get my epidural.
In the evening our Doctor made it downstairs and checked me. Jesse asked him if we would be having a baby tonight or if we will have a St. Paddy's day baby? And he said for sure a St. Paddy's day baby!
17 hours after my water broke, I started pushing at 6 am and our beautiful baby girl was born at 6:55 am! She was 7 lbs 2 oz and 22 inches.
She is the sweetest, cutest baby and we are so blessed to have her here with us!!
Welcome to the world London! We love you!!



Jesse and London



She wasn't to happy when we tried to change her!



She loves her dad!!



Getting ready to go home


Family Pictures


7 comments:

Kels said...

London is super cute!! She just wanted to have a cool birthday!! The family pictures are cute too!!

Candie said...

I want to see some pics of what London looks like now!! Keep the posts coming!! :)

Karen said...

This is Karen (Soulier) Bourne and I find your blog on Keshia's blog. I remember playing legos with Jesse when we were in 4th grade. Hee, hee! It makes me laugh just thinking about it. So, I'm really a friend, not a stalker!:) I just saw your good news and wanted to send my well wishes. I hope all is going wonderfully.

Amber Yates said...

Best Story ever!! I wish we lived closer, I sure do miss you guys. I can't wait to meet that little bundle of cuteness.

Ashley Hardison said...

Justine,
A little late here but congrats on your sweet little girl! I love the name London, we had neighbors that used it otherwise my little girl might have the same name. I hope things are going well for you.

Rach & Vaughn said...

Congrats Lady!!! Hope all is well!! I miss ya'll

Katie Moore said...

Hi,

I just had a quick question in regards to your website. If you could email me at your convenience that would be great!



Thanks,

Katie